Monday, April 16, 2012

First of all, you can breathe a little easier knowing that I will absolutely not be posting a blog update every single week. We have just had a lot of news here lately. (I'm pretty sure I can hear the resounding sighs of relief, since I know our lives are not that interesting!)

Wedding Update:
The remainder of the wedding pictures are out there to view! Below are a couple of my new favorites...both from the "First Look" shoot. So glad that the girls talked us into doing this. (And go figure that the shots I thought were going to be the cheesiest have been some of the ones I've liked the most.)



The link to the album is:
Kimberly & Jason's Wedding

Update on doctor's visit:
The results of the second part of the Sequential Screen came back and were "fantastic" (according to the nurse). We have a 1 in 10,000 chance of Down Syndrome or Trisomy 18 (the best result you can have) and a 1 in 5,400 chance of Spina Bifida. Definitely some good news to start our week with!

And the FINALE:
Now on to the most fun part of this post...WE HAVE A NAME! FINALLY after World War III in the Mallette household we have come to an agreement. (The pregnancy hormones are making me a bit dramatic, but it was indeed a very serious and drawn out debate.) Let me clarify, we have a FIRST name picked out and it is (drumroll please):


What we want now is your help on the perfect middle name! Please post your vote in the comments section of this post. You can select one of the middle names that we really like below (in no particular order) or you can add a new one of your own. We thought this would be really fun and a great way to get all of you involved.

a) Aidan Brooks Mallette
b) Aidan Strong Mallette
c) Aidan William Mallette
d) Be creative (but not ridiculous)

Love you all!
Jason & Kimberly

13 comments:

  1. Not to startup another World War with my little "Hormonal Princess", but Who prefers the spelling "Aydan" better? I assure everyone, that I have taken great risk to pose this question, but please dont be afraid to agree with me, I am the only one that has to face her tonight and I will be armed with Oreo's, Pop Tarts(have to be Cherry flavored apparently) and Cinnamon Toast Crunch, so I should be fine!!!!!!!!!

    However if anyone knows of a Dairy Queen still in business and in DFW, then that is her sure fire weakness and it is usually my weapon of choice whenever i take on "Princess Babymaker" in our version of what I call "Hunger Games" and it might help tonight also? :)

    Regards,

    Prince Boymaker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog! Jason talks about this baby all day everyday at work and we've all been giving our input on the name... Aidan is one of my favorites. I vote for Aidan William!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one for "Aydan William", thanks Melissa!

      Delete
  3. What about "Aydan Christen Mallette?" "Aydan" is a more manly spelling than "Aidan" in my opinion. Plus, when he gets older he may not want to be called "Aydan or Aidan" and choose "Chris" instead!

    JMSR

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for including me on your exciting news! I definitely prefer "Aidan" (sorry Jason)...I actually really like "William Aidan" :)

    congrats!
    LeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer the spelling "Aydan", and I love "Aydan Brooks"...is Brooks a family name?

    ReplyDelete
  6. All that I'm going to comment is that my DQ order is (1)Midnight Truffle Blizzard and (1) Double Fudge Cookie Dough Blizzard. (Better to have 1 in the freezer since I know this isn't the last of your "jokes" this week.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I Love DQ Baskets!!!!!!When you pick up your Blizzards on the way home please pick up dinner also!!! But if you are upset, Please do not bring home the Middle Finger Basket again, like you did the last time I asked you to pick up dinner? I Love you Snookums!

      Delete
  7. Brooks was one of Kimberly's names she liked and it was my grandmothers last name, so we liked it for both reasons. I think "Aydan" is a losing battle for us, but I am happy to have you aboard Team Aydan, we are probably going down like the Titanic, but welcome aboard for the short cruise until we do(I predict hours, not days before we hit a Babymakerburg:)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Note*** Your grandmother was a Mallette before she became a Brooks after my father died, and she remarried Joe Ralph Brooks. What a compliment to her, Joe Ralph (the only grandfather you ever knew) and the entire Mallette family should you both decide on "Brooks" as a middle name.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I choooseeeeee....Aidan Brooks Mallette

    By the way...I Love Aidan spelled with an "I"- Just Sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like Aydan brooks Mallette is in the lead...would have to agree!

    Congrats & keep me posted

    ReplyDelete